The LINXX Academy of Martial Arts offers two scholarship programs to new incoming students. Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Awards will be made by the LINXX Scholarship Committee, which consists of the LINXX Academy president, general manager, and head instructor. The LINXX Academy scholarships program includes the following opportunities:
- WARFIGHTER SCHOLARSHIP: The Warfighter scholarship is designed to support the families of severely wounded or fallen U.S. military service members.
- ECONOMIC OUTREACH SCHOLARSHIP: These need-based scholarships are for local families with economic hardships.
Each year, LINXX Academy awards up to six one-year scholarships valued at $2,240 each.
- QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible, you must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the Tidewater Area of Virginia. High school and college students must maintain an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher. Applicants must be able to commit to three classes per week for the term of the training program.
- REQUIREMENTS: Scholarship awards are determined on a case-by-case basis and require the submission of an application, letters of recommendation, and a personal essay. LINXX does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, creed, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: Complete the appropriate LINXX Academy Scholarship Application below. Identify each specific scholarship for which you are applying.
- LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: Please include at least two (but no more than three) letters of recommendation with your application. The letters should support the merits of your application.
- PERSONAL ESSAY: Write a personal essay about why you want to join LINXX Academy and why you deserve to receive a scholarship. Indicate your objectives and be as thorough as possible. You may want to include information about your educational, athletic, career, and personal goals. Demonstrate your talent by writing about any special interests or circumstances that you may wish the LINXX Academy to consider. If you are applying for the Economic Outreach Scholarship, please explain your financial difficulty. Feel free to use any essay format with which you feel comfortable. You may type a maximum of two double-spaced pages only.
Submit completed applications to:
LINXX Academy of Martial Arts